Saturday, March 10, 2007

UN says expression 'visible minority' is racist!

Political correctness gets what it deserves
The United Nations recently advised that the term 'visible minority' is a racist term. It should not be used. They were targetting Canada's racial equality tactics.
Those Canadian bureacrats who decide what's offensive came up with the term 'visible minority' to single out members of society who are, to cut to the chase, not white. The theory is if a person self-declares to be a 'visible minority' they enhance opportunities for advancement in society. Our conceit is we are taking care to offer these folk a chance for them to admit they are racially different. And so we can take care not to discriminate against them. Gimme a break!

Bald men are a visible minority
For years I have been a 'visible minority'. At age 24 I started to go bald, and almost completely bald am I today. Society demanded I do something about it so I considered wearing a wig. Or growing it long and swooping the sides over the bald spot. Or spraying my scalp black. Instead, I decided to go bald gracefully. Now, thanks to current fashion trends, bald is beautiful. More and more men are shaving themselves bald. So no longer am I a 'visible minority.'

And the Stupidity Prize goes to...
I think the prize for stupidity in all this must go to the school boards in England. These wise folk decided to ban the nursery rhyme 'Baa baa Black Sheep' from their schools. You can probably figure out why. Of course, they offered a substitute: 'Baa baa Rainbow Sheep.' Stupid is as stupid does.

Naturally, children began to question what's wrong with black sheep? And developed an ancillary notion, what's wrong with black people? And what is a 'rainbow sheep'? So where children had no interest in singling out anything black in their daily living, they found themselves being required by political correctness to ask their elders what is wrong with black.

Where did political correctness originate? Historians trace it back to the early days of communism in Russia. Remember the term 'liquidate'? Hitler raised political correctness to the level of art in Germany, but it has achieved its perfection in North American governments.

How about 'Collateral damage.'? Or 'Great loss'? And of course, 'Redeploy assets' which means 'You're fired'.

Bald is beautiful.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

excellent train of thought.

Andrea said...

I have to agree, bald is beautiful:)

BerlyCrow said...

Rainbow sheep? Seriously? Although somehow I'm not surprised.

Quoting George Carlin, "Poor people used to live in slums. Now the economically disadvantaged occupy substandard housing in the inner cities."

BerlyCrow said...

Since I can't figure out how to reply to a comment you left on my blog, I'll do it here-hope you don't mind.

Utah is mountainous terrain except that it's also a desert. My house is exactly 10 minutes from being in a lush forest and exactly 10 minutes from being in what's called the West Desert (where the infamous salt flats are). So maybe my lawn's just confused about what it's supposed to be doing. Last week we had a foot of snow and today it's 68 degrees outside! Does aerating help get oxygen down to the roots or water or what? My brain has the hardest time wrapping itself around stuff like that I guess. Thanks for the advice! And, you should write more on your blog, I love your writing!

J G said...

Thanks, I think... I enjoyed your latest entry!

BerlyCrow said...

Still waiting for my fix of some new insight from you.....come on! Write some more! You're amusing!

tao1776 said...

Bald is great. I keep my head shaved and buff it too! AND I DO HAVE HAIR