Sunday, April 22, 2007

Leave the toilet seat down


This is about men's lib

What is it with most women I know? They all have this thing about me leaving the toilet seat down when I am finishing peeing. Do my women feel threatened because they have to squat to pass water? If this is a world in which men have rights, too, I suggest it's time for us men of the world to unite.
What would Carmen Miranda (photo, right) have said? 'Mama, eu quiero, uma chupeta...' In short, she would not have minded, since in Brazil where she was from, men rule.

In my workplace, we have one staff toilet. Plastered all over the walls are warnings to 'Be kind...leave the toilet seat down when you are finished.' Granted our staff includes six women and two male animals, of which I am one. But I think it's time our staff looked at fairness and equality.

Two ways to solve the problem: We men leave the seat down when we pee. And honestly, we will try to aim. But if there are droplets on the seat...all's fair in love and peeing.

Or we can have two working days up, and three working days down...alternating every other week so that throughout the working year, the toilet seat is down at least half the time.

2 comments:

BerlyCrow said...

I'm gonna have to admit that it's just as easy for women to put the toilet seat back up when they're finished as it is for men to put it back down when they're finished. Perhaps each sex should do that and then maybe it would also equal out.

Paul (A.) said...

More important than the seat position is having a lid to close in order to reduce the charming aerosols released when flushing.